Arranging a Celebrant

Usually, if a person does not have any church connection and the family wishes to have a religious service, the first person to contact would be the vicar or priest for the parish where they lived.

Where a person belongs to a church or has specified their choice of vicar, either we will make contact and the necessary arrangements, or families are free to make that contact themselves. Most vicars do not usually charge a fee for taking a funeral service, however if a family wish to give the vicar an honorarium, we are able to take care of this. If a vicar other than the parish vicar is retained, he or she would usually be given a fee for taking the service.

Whilst we can arrange the services of a vicar, we would always put them in contact with the family to arrange the details of the service personally. There is no obligation to have a vicar take the service.  If a family want to take the service themselves, they can.

Of course there are also non-religious officiants available. We explain this more fully in our ‘World religions’ and ‘Non-religious services’ sections.

Website by 39steps